I read things, including: textbooks, novels, comic books, etc. Below is an incomplete list of things I have read, and things I am currently reading (*), in reverse chronological order.
- (*) “Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman!” — Richard P. Feynman
- (*) Project Hail Mary — Andy Weir
- The Man Who Solved the Market: How Jim Simons Launched the Quant Revolution — Gregory Zuckerman
Great, though a tad too much politics in the latter half for my taste.
- The Soul of a New Machine — Tracy Kidder
Quaint, but nonetheless excellent. A hidden gem of computing culture. High recommendation for a specific kind of reader; if you liked Masters of Doom, possibly you.
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns — Miller, Janson, and Varley
Aged impressively well.
- Flash Boys — Michael Lewis
Great, if interested in the subject matter.
- Stories of your Life — Ted Chiang
Good, and may be a great choice for a sci-fi novice, considering the bite-sized stories.
- Masters of Doom — David Kushner
Absolutely brilliant. In my opinion, faultless. If I could only recommend a single book from this list, it’d be this one.
- Watchmen — Moore and Gibbons
- Cryptonomicon — Neal Stephenson
Great hacker fiction.
- Gödel, Escher, Bach — Douglas Hofstadter
Great accompaniment to a Computer Science education, dispells any confusion to what “Computer Science” is, as opposed to “Software Engineering”.
Books I want to read
- Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
- Moby-Dick; or, The Whale